All Things DILATING (2)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Bragibbs
    Participant

Hello Ladies,

I am a male partner supporting my loving girlfriend through vaginismus. We had hit a brick wall when it comes to dilating. But reading your comments and suggestions really helped; we took notes :)! Thank you for all that you have shared.

As a guy, I truly appreciate it. It gives me a different perspective and helps me to be better able to help my partner :).

recessivegenequeen
    recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Bragibbs, we are always happy to hear that we can be of some help to people affected by vaginismus – I think partners are under a special kind of strain, so please do come to us if you have other questions along the way or just need encouragement!

melannw
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new here and new to the whole process of dilating. It was only recently suggested to me by a pelvic floor physio that I saw at the BC Women’s Health Centre (for chronic pelvic pain) in Vancouver. I am having a hard time deciding which product to buy. This was what the physio suggested:

I really don’t have a lot of money and was wondering if this is the best product for the price or if there’s something better at reasonable cost.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

M

recessivegenequeen
    recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Melannw! I haven’t used that set so I’m not sure how it works. I see it doesn’t have a flared base, and also that it’s made of paraffin wax, which seems kind of odd? I’ll wait for one of the doctors to weigh in definitively, but I’ll say that the set I used was true romance dilators and that they run for $99 US. They’re the ones the Congtythamtu Clinic gave me, so they like them there:

I totally get money being tight, but at the same time I wouldn’t necessarily advise just going for the cheapest dilators you can find. If they don’t work well, you may just have to shell out again for good ones.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.