A story of hope and encouragement.

Home > Forums > Vaginismus Support Group > Success Stories > A story of hope and encouragement.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lulu
    Participant

It has been a while since I have posted on the forum. However,I wanted to share an update. For those of you that have not read any of my other posts I was one of Dr Paciks last patients. I had the botox procedure with him last July. I could tolerate exams but was still rated a level 5. I never had had painless sex with my husband of two years (9 years together) or worn a tampon. I did well with the dilating and transitioned to sex within a month. I still struggle at times and still have discomfort at times but all in all consider myself cured.
    Now for the hope and encouragement part..I am writing to tell all of you that a week ago my son was born. He was two weeks early and I ended up with a csection but he is doing great! He is perfect to us and all we ever wanted. So do not give up hope! I got the procedure and then not even 17 months later had a baby. I survived all the exams and getting my water broke with a epidural that barely worked. You all can get past vaginismus and even if you have no desire to be pregnant my story is one of many others that prove you can beat this condition. Just remember there is no time line and do not compare yourself to others success or nonsuccess. We all progress differently and once you accept that you often do better in progressing in your own journey.

mm
    mazemelissa

Dear lulu,

Thank you so much for those great words of encouragement!

The Botox procedure can be life changing, the more patients share their success stories, hopefully more women will be encouraged to consider doing the procedure themselves.

Congratulations on the baby!

Melissa

Wow, what an inspiring story. Thank you so much for sharing this, Lulu.

So much of what is out there talks about the sad side of Vaginismus…it’s really nice to hear the other side of that. and the idea of not comparing oneself with others and setting up timelines– such an important point.

mm
    Heather34

Hi Lulu! I have tears in my eyes reading your story and am so, so, so happy for you!!!! Huge CONGRATS on the birth of your little boy! I absolutely LOVED your post and it is so, so inspiring and encouraging!!!!

lulu
    Participant

Thank you everyone 🙂

Bdb623
    Participant

This is exactly what I needed to read. Thank you. Pray for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.